There are a number of ways to support the society:
- Becoming a member
- Subscribing to our email newsletter
- Volunteering to help in the Archive, Garden or Herbarium
- Donations: we welcome financial donations and also books suitable for adding to our archive
The Society is continually seeking ways to enhance member benefits; these are communicated by way of monthly email bulletins. The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
For membership enquiries or information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current member benefits consist of –
- Two printed society magazines per year
- 1 annual lecture, together with adhoc lectures
- Annual Dinner
- Monthly email newsletter
- Access to society collections including the archive and herbarium
- An invitation to selected events at a discounted price
Membership subscriptions are –
|Joint (2 adults)||£25.00|
An easy way to become a member is to download a Standing Order form
You can also become a member by using the online system below.
Gift Aid benefits the society by enabling it, as a registered charity, to claim rebate of tax from your subscriptions/donations, providing you pay sufficient UK income tax and/or capital gains tax to cover the total amount reclaimed on your gifts by all charities to which you donate.
To make your payments qualify for Gift Aid, please download the Gift Aid form here.
Society projects include:
We welcome volunters to help with our projects. Ways you can help include:
- Cataloging and sorting books in the archive. We have several hundred books, manuscripts, & maps that need organising
- Our Tribute Garden includes almost a hundred different plants that need tending
- The #LoveLincsPlants project needs people to press and mount plant specimens
You can support the work of the society by donating books for our archive. Suitable books include books on Sir Joseph Banks, Lincolnshire history, botany, exploration and many others. You can search our library page to find books currently in the archive.
The Sir Joseph Banks Society is a registered charity, we also welcome financial donations, click on the donate button below to make a donation to the society.